NEW RANGE ROVER SPORT SV: MODERN LUXURY PERFORMANCE FLAGSHIP
· Performance flagship: New Range Rover Sport SV combines sporting luxury with innovative performance-enhancing technologies
· Perfect poise: WORLD FIRST Hydraulic interlinked 6D Dynamics air suspension with pitch and roll control maintains a near-level stance during extreme acceleration, braking and cornering
· Top performer: The most powerful Range Rover ever, 635PSmild-hybrid Twin Turbo V8 propels 180mph SUV from 0-60mph in as little as 3.6seconds1 in new dynamics-optimized SV Mode
· Light weight focus: WORLD FIRST 23-inch Carbon Fibre Wheel option contributes to 76kg total weight saving1, minimising un-sprung mass, improving handling, acceleration and ride quality
· Stopping power: RANGE ROVER FIRST Lightweight and powerful Brembo Carbon Ceramic Brakes option, with exclusive eight-piston SV calipers for outstanding braking performance
· Assertive design: Airflow-honed exterior includes reprofiled front-end and lower body sides, carbon fiber bonnet and quad tail pipe finishers. Exclusive performance-focused SV interior
· Calming comfort: RANGE ROVER FIRST New Body and Soul Seat introduces the latest in-car sensory audio technology, enabling Range Rover clients to feel the sound and experience wellness benefits
· Height of exclusivity: For the first year of production New Range Rover Sport SV is only available for select clients to order by invitation, in limited edition SV EDITION ONE specification
· New for 2024: SV performance halo leads updates across the Range Rover Sport family, including new 550PS plug-in electric hybrid and the latest Pivi Pro4 infotainment
· Stay informed: Visit new-range-rover-sport/sv for more information on the Range Rover Sport line-up, including SV EDITION ONE and to register for updates on future SV model availability
New Range Rover Sport SV is the most powerful and dynamicRange Rover Sport ever, blending supreme performance and dynamism with peerless Range Rover capability, refinement and reductive design. Its array of performance-enhancing technologies includes the most advanced suspension systemin its class7 and a sensory audio system with wellness benefits.
The modern luxury performance champion takes its place atthe pinnacle of a refreshed Range Rover Sport line-up, driving sporting attitude, dynamic ability and assertive presence to the next level.
Inherent to the high-performance credentials of New RangeRover Sport SV, an exclusive airflow-enhanced design delivers a more assertive and grounded aesthetic, with functional lightweight and technical material choices throughout reinforcing its high-performance capabilities.
Powered exclusively by a new 635PS, 750Nm2 4.4-litreTwin-Turbo MHEV V8 petrol engine – 60PS and 50Nm more than the previous generation Range Rover Sport SVR’s Supercharged 5.0-litre V8 – New Range Rover Sport SV is capable of accelerating from 0-60mph in as little as 3.6 seconds1and a top speed of 180mph. CO2 emissions are also 15 per cent lower than the previous model’s 575PS V8.
This outstanding performance is enabled by a combination of features that deliver a weight saving of up to 76kg1, including the world’s first 23-inch Carbon Fibre Wheel option on a production car, Carbon Ceramic Brakes (option available for the first time on a Range Rover), and standard-fit aerodynamic enhancements including a carbon fibre bonnet.
Exemplifying Range Rover’s modern luxury philosophy, New Range Rover Sport SV is initially being reserved for select clients globally, with the invitation-only SV EDITION ONE specification representing a curation of the best feature combinations, colours and finishes.
“New Range Rover Sport SV exemplifies Range Rover’s philosophy, not just as a bold evolution beyond its Range Rover Sport SVR predecessor, but also in the personalised approach we are taking with our most discerning clients.” - GERALDINE INGHAM, MANAGING DIRECTOR, RANGE ROVER.
New Range Rover Sport SV’s 6D Dynamics suspension system is the most sophisticated in its class7, debuting a world-first combination of hydraulic interlinked dampers, height-adjustable air springs and pitch control. This revolutionary semi-active system, which removes the need for conventionality-roll bars, dramatically reduces pitch and roll to maintain a near-level body stance during extreme cornering and acceleration, while also reducing weight, increasing grip, and benefiting comfort and refinement.
Riding between 10mm and 25mm lower than other Range Rover Sport models, depending on the drive mode selected, New Range Rover Sport SV’s6D Dynamics suspension works seamlessly with the suite of advanced chassis and suspension systems. Unique SV-tuned settings are applied to the Intelligent All-Wheel Drive, All-Wheel Steering, Torque Vectoring by Braking, Configurable Dynamics and Active Locking Rear Differential to deliver a more focused, sportscar-like driving experience – especially in the all-new driver-selectable SV Mode.
“New Range Rover Sport SV delivers an optimum blend of supreme performance, unrivalled desirability, capability and refinement. It’s a visceral addition to the Range Rover Sport line-up that powerfully demonstrates the world-class expertise of our high-performance specialists.” - NICK COLLINS,EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, VEHICLE PROGRAMMES, JLR.
New Range Rover Sport SV also features specially developed chassis components including a new rear subframe and new suspension links with revised geometry and compliance. A new electronically power-assisted steering rack has the fastest ratio of any Range Rover to date, for enhanced agility and feel.
For the first time on a Range Rover, 305-section rear tyres are fitted, which are 20mm wider than the 285-section front tyres. This arrangement, with standard-fit Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tyres, enables rear-biased dynamic setup enhancing grip, stability and traction. Increase drear roll stiffness also helps deliver immediate steering responses.
Demonstrating the combined benefits of these technologies, New Range Rover Sport SV is capable of generating lateral acceleration in excess of 1.1G on all-season tyres. That represents a 22 per cent increase on the previous generation Range Rover Sport SVR on summer tyres and is comparable to track-focused sports cars.
Enhancing its on-road dynamic capability, every New Ranger over Sport SV benefits from a specially developed high-performance braking system, with clients able to choose between standard mixed-metal Dual-Cast and optional Carbon Ceramic braking technologies.
Carbon Ceramic Brakes (CCB), available for the first time ona Range Rover, deliver ultimate braking performance with improved resistance to high temperatures, a longer lifespan and 34kg total un-sprung weight reduction versus the uprated Dual-Cast iron brake discs fitted as standard to New Range Rover Sport SV. This reduction in mass at each corner of the car results in even more responsive handling, faster acceleration and improved ride quality.
Whichever braking technology is specified, the unique eight-piston Brembo Octyma front calipers are the largest ever fitted to a Range Rover. Developed exclusively for New Range Rover Sport SV and sculpted to complement Range Rover Sport SV’s reductive design, the calipers incorporate a unique cross-shape piston arrangement to maximize braking efficiency. Exclusive customizable caliper colors include Yellow, Red, Carbon Bronze and Black.
To further reduce mass, New Range Rover Sport SV clients can choose the first ultra-lightweight 23-inch Carbon Fibre Wheels fitted to production vehicle. Available as an option, these innovative split five-spoke wheels save almost 9kg per corner – a total of 35.6kg – compared with conventional 23-inch cast-alloy wheels, resulting in improvements to outright performance, handling and ride quality. While incredibly light, they are engineered and tested to the toughest durability and robustness standards – the same as Range Rover’s cast or forged alloy wheels.
Maximizing the benefit of New Range Rover Sport SV’s uprated dynamic hardware, drivers can intensify the car’s sporting attitude by pressing the new SV Mode button on the steering wheel. A step beyond Range Rover Sport's existing Dynamic mode, SV Mode optimizes the steering, eight-speed automatic gearbox, throttle response, exhaust note and 6D Dynamics suspension system –including lowering the ride height by an additional 15mm – to deliver the most dynamic and visceral experience possible. SV Mode also allows the track-oriented TracDSC stability control programmed to be activated, for drivers to more freely explore New Range Rover Sport SV’s dynamic balance.